Express Recruitment are proud to be working with a specialist civil engineering consultancy as they continue to grow. Due to a healthy order book cemented for 2021, our client is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Estimator to join their talented team.
The successful individual will receive endless opportunities for personal development, sponsored traineeships and career progression, as well as an improved salary upon completion of training and increasing responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Learn how to accurately estimate and quote labour, plant and material costs for tenders based on scoping documents and engagement with relevant departments
- Liaise closely with supply chain and management of supplier database including gathering of quotes from subcontractors
- Preparation of accurate and thorough quotations including lump sum packages
- Provide regular updates on tenders to interested parties both internally and externally
- Assist Senior Estimator in carrying out site visits when required
- Receive tender enquiries from the Business Development Team
- Develop resource estimates in CMAP working with Sales Team and Project Managers
- Prepare quotation documents for approval
- Attend weekly Bid Review meetings
- Attend Phase tender review and Project Handover meetings
- Attend regular internal training sessions regarding new business concepts and changes to regulations
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- City & Guilds Level 4, HNC in relevant construction/civil engineering discipline
- Ability to negotiate contracts with confidence
- Experience with data management software desirable but not essential, as full training given
- Proficient user of MS packages, Design and Estimating software e.g., Excel, Coins, MS Projects, CAD
- Surveying experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with people on all senior levels including key stakeholders, Surveyors, Contracts Managers, sub-contractors
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more, please apply now with your CV and a portfolio to evidence your own work.
Unfortunately, we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.