Express Recruitment are proud to be partnering one of the UK’s fastest growing independent maintenance firms.
Due to an increased order book and substantial forecasted growth, our client are eager to bolster their estimating department with the addition of an accomplished Civil Estimator, specialising in groundwork and infrastructure maintenance.
Although their offices are based in Derbyshire, you will be required to travel to various customer sites on occasions.
What’s on offer….
You can expect to receive a competitive salary of up to £60,000, along with a company car, pension, travel expenses, non-contractual bonus and onsite parking.
Our client have a proven track record in offering highly rewarding training programmes coupled with the opportunity to nurture individual development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed cost budgets and cost estimates for new and emerging Geotechnical Contracts
- Keep existing Geotechnical Contracts up to date, including making amendments, providing new cost estimates and maintaining communication with the client
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company.
- Prepare detailed, well written project proposals for each client, ensuring client guidelines and specifications are fully adhered to
- Maintain relationships with existing clients to maximise customer satisfaction
- Work closely with fellow employee Contract Managers, design team and geotechnical business unit to help with development, innovation and creativity on client projects
- Maintain detailed records of all estimation documentation, including site assessments and contract terms; updating any existing contracts immediately upon agreement of new terms with client
- Prepare and submit quarterly/annual financial documents
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven estimating experience within civil engineering sector
- Demonstrable understanding of geotechnics
- Proven experience of preparing and negotiating geotechnical estimates/contracts
- Excellent communicator on all senior levels, with the ability to network affectively
- Full UK Driving License and flexible with frequent UK travel
If you feel you have the right attributes required to excel in this role, then apply today to avoid disappointment.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.