Our client is a well-known and highly reputable engineering firm. Due to substantial growth and continued investment in state-of-the-art machinery, our client is seeking an ambitious and determined Machine Tool Field Service Engineer to join their existing UK service team.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to travel frequently within the UK including overnight stays. Please only apply if you are able to fully commit to the demands of the role.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive starting salary between c£30,000 – £40,000 D.O.E
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Phone and laptop
- Potential to undergo further sponsored training that will open endless opportunities for career progression
Roles and Responsibilities
- Travel to various customer sites and carry out servicing and troubleshooting on various machines and specialist tooling including CNC machinery, woodworking machines, lathes etc.
- Attend various training courses on how to identify, service and commission CNC woodworking machinery
- Ensure the correct ordering of spare machine tool parts
- Liaise directly with clients and provide face to face technical support
- Assist the site service & maintenance team with the installation and commissioning of brand-new and used machinery and equipment
- Produce daily detailed fault reports and CAD diagrams, ensuring documents are correctly stored using MS Office software
- Demonstrate to new clients how to correctly and safely operate newly installed machinery
- Read and follow instructions from engineering drawings and CAD diagrams
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC/City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge and experience of servicing manual and automated woodworking machinery would be advantageous
- CNC setting/operating experience desirable
- PLC fault finding experience desirable, but training provided
- Proficient IT and fault report writing skills
- Passionate about embracing new technology and committed to carrying out ongoing training
- Flexible with occasional UK travel and overnight stays
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Hours: Monday to Friday, up to 45 hours per week
Salary: c£30,000 – £40,000 D.O.E + Vehicle + Overtime + Expenses
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Unfortunately, we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency. IND123