The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Express Recruitment may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details, e-mail address and other relevant information from your Curriculum Vitae (CV). On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
Registering with Express Recruitment as a candidate for work finding services
We will collect your Personal Information directly from you and from other sources including when you apply for a job via a Job Board, directly through our website, from Social Media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter or when you provide us with your details during an event. When you ask us to provide you with work finding services we will ask you to register as a Candidate. During our Candidate Registration process we will collect your Personal Information directly from you, your CV, from employment and educational referees and via online tests you may perform at our request. Our Clients may request additional Personal Information about you in relation to their job vacancies and requirements. The categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- your Identity (your full name, previous names, evidence of change of name); gender, date of birth and marital status);
- evidence of your right to work in the UK which may include a photograph, nationality, place of birth, birth certificate, driving licence, etc (in accordance with Home Office requirements);
- contact details including your email, home address and phone numbers;
- bank account and national insurance number (so we can make payments to you and account for tax if you are working as a temporary worker supplied through Express Recruitment);
- your job search criteria, preferences and expectations;
- your qualifications, skills, experience and training;
- current remuneration and other benefits;
- educational history;
- employment history;
- details of employment or educational referees;
- details of disabilities (where you provide this and it is relevant);
- unspent criminal / motoring convictions, court proceedings and pending court proceedings relating to an offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you;
- other information contained in your CV or that you choose to provide to us;
- profile data including your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and customer survey responses;
- usage data including information about how you use our website and services;
- marketing and communications data including your marketing and communication preferences.
‘Hot Candidate Alert
To subscribe to hot candidate alerts, you will be required to provide your name, e-mail address, company name, phone number, the job title and a brief job description you’d like the candidate to fill.
Curriculum vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the Express Recruitment database, and will be accessible by Express Recruitment staff.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
Our Clients and Suppliers
If you are a Client or supplier of goods and services we will collect and process information about individuals in your organisation to enable us to communicate with them and to provide our services or receive goods and services. Usually, we process the individual’s name and business contact data only.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to ask Express Recruitment to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Express Recruitment’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 0115 924 0010.
Express Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.